Special Education Legal Issues Forum – You’re Invited!
Attorneys Michael P. McKeon, Mark J. Sommaruga and Melinda B. Kaufmann of Pullman & Comley’s School Law Practice will host a Special Education Legal Issues Forum on Friday, May 5, 2017 from 8-12 at the CAS Office in Cheshire.
This dynamic forum is held annually to advise education professionals on current legal developments affecting Special Education, as well as how to comply within your school district.
Discussion topics will include:
• Fry v. Napoleon and service dogs in the schools
• Endrew F. v. Douglas County School District and
standard for an “appropriate education”
• Latest on IEEs and parental visits/observations
• 2017 session of the General Assembly and pending
• Latest OCR guidance on discipline
• Seclusion and restraint
• Charter schools and Section 504
• Residential placements – who pays?
• Hot topics and audience Q&A
RSVP by either email at forumpullcomcom or by phone 860.424.4343.